wherever goose greek is.

surfaces.

cutting the sun.

iowa i guess.

angels.

they're only ten.

before the grading blade.

cotopaxi: renewal

ways of softening

white is every color

getting there

everyone leaves michigan

from the cold desert earth

first snow

yellow city

Friday, April 23, 2010

this day.

Fri, April 23, 2010 7:58:15 PM


my fingers are frozen from changing a tire in the rain. i sped over a pipe on the highway and rode sinking all the way into town. a woman at a stop light shouted the bad news. wondered what that rumbling torque was about.
i could not find my tools, or the secret space in which the manual promises they are hidden.
spares always seem way too small.

an angry mother called my principal this afternoon to complain that i was not fulfilling her daughter's iep accommodations. both of my directors came into my room to confront me while i was meeting with my induction mentor.
i called the mother after school and invited (instructed) her to observe first hand her daughter's educational experience monday morning. any other concerns you'd like to share? i grit my teeth.

my father sent the family an email announcing unsettling results from a colonoscopy this morning. he called it a "preview of coming attractions" as he enters old(er) age. i am laughing and not, noting all the ways his health is already compromised. i tell myself my parents are invincible and wonder what other myths i adore.

the rain, the rain, the rain.
i watched it strike obliquely.
the wind is begging for something.

this day.

i will meditate on letting go and chocolate.



.